Highly Secure Login
Use a one-time SMS code plus your password
- Like the systems you have seen when accessing your bank, we offer you a 2-factor authentication (mobile TAN) to further enhance the security of your online data. Once you activate this feature, you will receive a SMS message, after you have typed in your password to login, that contains a unique code that is generated on each login. So even if someone were to figure out your password, they wouldn't be able to login without direct access to your cell phone.
SMS Authentication for mobile devices
- In addition to offering this service when accessing your Vault through the web, our mobile apps also offer 2-factor authentication. DoubleSec, a technology from our partner SecureSafe, makes it even easier to sue this extra protection by automating the second step of the authentication process on mobile devices.
- This authentication feature is included in all paid Digital Online Vault subscriptions.
Maximum Password Protection
The Secure Remote Password Protocol
- The Secure Remote Password Protocol, a highly efficient security protocol, was developed by Stanford University. The use of this system means that your data is extremely well protected from internet attacks.
No one can ever access your password
- Your login information is only available to you. When you create your account, you are given a Login Recovery Code (store this in a safe place!) that can be used in case you ever forget your password, but if you can't remember credentials or lose this recovery code, there is no way to regain access to the data in your vault. Our team members have no way to assist you in recovering your password, they can only reset your account which would wipe all of the data you had stored. Keep in mind that in addition to your password, no employee can see the data in your vault.
Need help choosing strong passwords?
- Your Digital Online Vault has a built in indicator that tells you whether a password is truly strong. It also suggests easy to remember, yet strong, passwords, based on a method our partner SecureSafe developed in cooperation with the Zurich University of Applied Sciences.
Full Encryption for Your Data
Customer specific encryption
- When you create your account, the master encryption key for your data is created using PBKDF#2 (RFC-2898) with the password you entered as the base. Since you are the only person that knows your password, the only way to decrypt your data is you. Remember that our staff has no way to know your password, so your vault is fully protected from malicious attacks.
Secure for the long-term
- In addition to this encryption, we use RSA-2048 and AES-256 standards to protect the transfer of information from our servers to your devices. This ensures maximum protection for the present and future.
Encryption in the memory of your computer
- When you access the vault on your computer, we actually encrypt the passwords that you have stored in the memory of your computer while you are working. The password is only decrypted when you actually click to display it and use it.
Highly Secure Apps
AES-256 encryption on mobile Apps
- Even though your mobile device can encrypt the data on it using various methods, we do not rely on this to ensure your privacy. Instead, we encrypt your data again by using AES-256 to encrypt all Vault data on your mobile phone. This is why our users have been protected from recent attacks on mobile operating systems.
Data Transport Protection
Double protection for your data in transport
- We use SSL certificates to protect your data when it is in transport between our data centers and your device. These certificates are not standard issue, they are EV SSL certificates that are only given to companies that have been fully verified. You can recognize these enhanced certificates from the green background color in the address field of your browser.
Additional encryption of your passwords
- In addition to this protection using SSL certificates, each session is encrypted using what is called a session key to encrypt particularly sensitive data such as your user information and the passwords that you have saved in your vault. This additional encryption provides extra protection against attacks when you are accessing your vault from a public wifi.